These championships, with qualifiers all over the country, were the brain child of Dane Rawlins. Dane felt that there was a need for a competitive league for riders of all levels. To fill this gap, he set up the Dressage Masters League. Dressage Masters has grown from four regions nationwide to ten. Riders can compete from Preliminary up to Grand Prix, with the finals being held at the prestigious Dressage at Hickstead Premier League show each year. The razzmatazz of this big show gives the finals of the Dressage Masters a real championship feel with excitement and anticipation for each of the sections. Riders get to compete in the arenas with the nations’ flags flying, spectators and mounted prize givings. This championship league has already seen emerging rider-horse partnerships make their mark with an eye on future selection for national and international representation, challenging established pairings. “This has to be good for the development of new talent in our sport,” says Dane. “We will be testing our riders and their horses at the highest levels, expecting them to set new standards of excellence.”
Affiliated Dressage Dates 2018
For more details see the Entries
- 23 March 2018
- 7 April 2018
- 19 April 2018
- 5 May 2018
- 26 May 2018
- 2-3 June 2018 (Dressage Masters Southern Semi Final)
- 19-23 June 2018 (Premier League incorporating Dressage Masters Championship
- 13- 15 July 2018 BD SUMMER REGIONALS (Unaff Regional Practice day 5 July)
- 26 to 29 July 2017 (Hickstead International incorporating CDIO3* and British Young Horse Championships)
- 11 August 2018
- 1 September 2018
- 19 September 2018
- 29 September 2018
- 13 October 2018
(for queries, please contact Marie)
Unaffiliated Dressage Series Points
Dressage Masters Preliminary Points (all venues)
Dressage Masters Novice Points (all venues)
Dressage Masters Elementary Points (all venues)
Dressage Masters Medium Points (all venues)
Dressage Masters Advanced Medium Points (all venues)
Dressage Masters Small Tour Points (all venues)
Dressage Masters Large Tour Points (all venues)
Classes to run from August 2017 to May 2018
- The principal venues are appointed by agreement with Dressage at Hickstead
- Qualifying Classes can be run at Principal Show Venues
- Principal show venues may invite subsidiary venues in their region to hold qualifying classes for the regions semi finals to be held at the principal show venue
- Points are awarded 10 points for 1st place down to 1 point for 10th place
- Points will be accumulated to allow entry to the semi finals (or where no principal venue yet exists, will allow, with the agreement of Dressage at Hickstead, direct entry to the Finals. This is to allow the development of the classes in outlying areas
Semi Final Stage
To be held before the FIRST WEEK OF JUNE subject to regional variations and to suit organisers
A regional ‘semi final will be held at each of the Principal Show Venues for those horse and rider combinations that have gained points at that venue or any of its subsidiary participating venues based on a ‘cut’ set by that venue in relation to total points gained by 10th May 2018.
Where a region does not yet have an appointed principal show venue to run a regional qualifier, an appointed person will collect and verifythe points as forwarded by the riders.
Dressage at Hickstead will accept competitors to the finals from the lists provided by the appointed person or the regional championships
Dressage Masters Championships
A final will be held at Hickstead Premier League 19-23 June 2018. The top placed horse and rider combinations from the regional semi-finals. 4 combinations at each level from each semi-final will qualify with further entries being accepted as far as class entries allow. Some wild cards may be permitted.
Grand Prix and Small Tour
These will be sent from each principal venue on a points accumulation basis with no semi-Final.
Grand Prix Tour
These Horses will send their points directly to Dressage at Hickstead. Points can be gained from any affiliated Grand Prix and the competitor is responsible for registering these points with DAH. These entries will be by points achieved at Affiliated level on an accumulation basis and subject to class start number availability.
- Dressage at Hickstead is grateful for the support of OUT AND ABOUT DRESSAGE – For all local dressage news.
- Riders Points Form 2018.
Competitors can ask the show secretaries at qualifying venues to sign the form. Please remember to fill in your contact details.
- Qualifiers: Stepaside, Brendon EC, Oldencraig, Saddlesdane, Speedgate, Cobham Manor, Fairoak Grange EC, Hadlow College, Stilebridge, Merrist Wood, Wellington Riding , Pachesham, Sparsholt College, Hickstead. Placings 1st to 10th will be issued a points form to return to DAH. The top 30 from points tables will be invited to the semi final.
2018 Points Tables (all Southern venues)
Applicant Required for Northern Region Venue
Location: Wix Equestrian Centre, Essex
Contact: Mare Thornley, 01255 870744, email@example.com
Qualifiers: Bluegates, Eastern College, Brook Farm, Harold Park, Hastingswood, Norton Heath, Sissons Farm Fenning Farm , Wix. The top ten from each level at each satellite venue will qualify for the semi final.
Semi Final :2/3 JUNE 2017
Location: Dressage at Hickstaed
Qualifiers: Step by Step, Oldencraig, Saddlesdane Speedgate, Cobham Manor, Hadlow College, Stilebridge, Merrist Wood, Wellington Riding, Sparsholt College, Pachesham,Priory, Petley Wood, Frensham, Hickstead. Placings 1st to 10th will be issued a points form to return to DAH.qualification perion is Aug 2015 to 7 May 2016. The top 30 from points tables will be invited to the semi final.
Semi Final 2018 : 2-3 JUNE 2018
Location: Beaver Hall
Qualifiers: Qualification period TBA . All classes at Beaver Hall will count. Points tables on the Beaver Hall website. The top 30 combinations will qualify for the semi final.
Semi Final 2017: POINTS TABLE
Location: Guernsey Dressage group. Helen Dyke
Qualifiers: Qualifying period TBA. Prelim to Prix St George, qualifying classes will be run by the Guernsey Dressage group Ground. Prelim to Advanced Medium qualifying classes will also be held by the Jersey Dressage Group
Semi Finals 2017: 14 MAY 2017
Location: David Broome Event Centre
Contact: Tracey Galtrey ,01291 418125 (opt. 3), firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifiers: Qualify to the semi final with Prelim to Elementary 62%. Medium up 60%.Celaeron , Lower Stocklands , Marian Bach, Lluest EC, David Broome Event EC , Severnvale, Maes Maelor EC, , Pencoad College, Moors FarmNorthorp College, Penrhyd, Beacons EC,
Semi Final 2018: 6 JUNE 2018